I hope all my US friends enjoyed America’s birthday! We had a blast! The Scarlata clan headed into Boston to check out the Tall Ships and enjoy all of the festivities on July 3rd and then spent an overnight to enjoy even more of the city the next day.
On July 4th the USS Constitution did a turn around in the harbor. This wooden hulled, three masted frigate of the US Navy is the world’s oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat. Seeing this old warship in the harbor on July 4th was a very special site.
So in honor of the United States birthday, I made red, white and blue rocket pops! Really they are more purple, off white and reddish pink BUT the thought was there!
- 6 rocket pop molds
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1 TB limeade (Newman's) or water
- 1 Banana
- 1 TB milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 TB Greek yogurt
- Add strawberries and limeade or water to blender. Blend until smooth about 1 minute. Pour on bottom of rocket pop molds.
- Place pops in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Add banana and milk to clean blender and blend for about 1 minute.
- Remove pops from freezer and put banana over strawberry mixture.
- Place pops in freezer for another 30 minutes to set.
- Add blueberries and 1 TB Greek yogurt to clean blender. Blend until smooth, at least 1 minute.
- Remove pops from freezer and top with blueberry mixture. Return to freezer and let freeze for 2 hours until fully set. Enjoy. Get creative and mix up other fruity treats!