Hey Friends! I recently asked my followers on Instagram what type of low FODMAP recipes they would like me to create. The most common answer: chicken recipes!
Of course, I do have many low FODMAP chicken recipes on my blog already, such as One Skillet Company Chicken,Chicken Piccata Meatballs, Chicken Curry and Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, to name a few. But, when you talk, I listen. So, here you go…
Today’s recipe was inspired by my recent trip to Santorini, Greece for my daughter, Chelsea’s wedding. The Greek-Style lemon potatoes in Santorini made my heart sing. Seriously. So freaking good.
So, I thought I would combine the lemony potatoes with some seared chicken to create a yummy new low FODMAP recipe.
Let’s just say, my husband, Russ & I loved this dish.
We enjoyed a side of broccoli with this dish, to add a little color and another vegetable….for good nutrition, of course!
If you are a lemon fan, you’ll love this recipe. We buy about 3 lemons per week to spice up tuna salad, grilled fish, and to add to our homemade salad dressings. If you are looking for homemade low FODMAP salad dressing, this handout is for you!
And one final word for today’s post before I share the recipe, IBS awareness month alongside the #IBelieveinyourStory campaign is just about 2 1/2 weeks away, learn more about this year’s initiatives in my post here.
Let’s get loud friends, let’s get loud!
Together, we can let the world know that individuals with IBS need to be heard and believed. Let’s raise money for research so that we can be part of the solution, finding a cure for IBS or at a very minimum, more effective treatments for ALL!
Roasted Greek Lemon Potatoes with Seared Chicken
- Serves 4
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups low FODMAP chicken broth (I used FODY food brand)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pound chicken cutlets(boneless/skinless), 4 pieces
- Optional garnish: lemon slices, fresh oregano or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Skin potatoes and cut into bite size wedges
- Add potatoes to rimmed baking sheet.
- In bowl, add chicken broth, lemon juice, dried oregano, 1/3 cup garlic oil, salt and pepper, whisk to blend.
- Pour lemon mixture over potatoes. Add a tented piece of aluminum foil over potatoes (prevents splattering) and place in oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon of garlic oil over medium heat. Sear the chicken on both sides to brown but do not cook through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- After the 30 minutes of roasting time for potatoes, use spatula to lightly flip the potatoes and remove aluminum foil.
- Add the chicken to the rimmed baking sheet alongside the potatoes and cook for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked through (using a meat thermometer, cooked chicken temperature is 165 degrees F).
- If desired, garnish with fresh parsley, fresh oregano, and lemon slices.
7 replies on “Roasted Greek Lemon Potatoes with Seared Chicken“
Cant wait to try this one! I just made your chicken, spinach and feta meatballs in diced tomatoes this week-served with zucchini noodles and Parmesan cheese. A favorite!
Awesome, Sandy. This is super lemony–with a gentle hint of garlic from the low FODMAP garlic infused oil! So good.
What brands of protein powders is best for low Fodmappers? Thanks
I have a few brands posted on my Pinterest page, here: https://www.pinterest.com/katescarlta/your-fodmap-kitchen/
Can’t wait to try. I have had great success with all your recipes. Thanks!
This is a keeper! I made it last night for my husband and I. We both had it for lunch today and it was equally delicious. Thank you Kate. Please consider a few chicken recipes for the slow cooker!
Yay! Glad you liked it! I will work on some slow cooker ideas too!
Comments are closed.