There are many reasons to eat a sweet potato. One of them is that they taste great!
Check out this MONDO size potato that I picked up at my Tangerini’s CSA last week!
Look at the orange-y goodness!
Did you know that sweet potatoes are harvested and then cured for 2 weeks before they are put out for consumption? I love savory sweet potato fries so decided I would post the recipe for you today….BUT farmer Laura Tangerini tells me they are fabulous roasted with a splash of olive oil and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg too. Sounds yummy and sweet!
My son Brennan helps me cook up some sweet potato fries. We cut some in a steak fry shape and then use this mandoline cooking gadget to make some special criss cross rounds too.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of soluble fiber which is a heart healthy fiber that helps lower cholesterol levels. They’re also a great source of potassium and Vitamin A. Sweet potatoes provide quercetin, an antioxidant too. Sweet potatoes are often SO large, you may want to share with another sweet potato lover so that you don’t over do the ‘carb.’ calories in one meal.
After we cut up the potatoes, we put them on a cookie sheet and Brennan drizzled them with olive oil and seasoned with spices.
This recipe really is so easy and so yummy! Here’s the delicious fries all cooked up!
I love when my kids help me cook and eat healthy foods! Yay!
Easy Peasy Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
- 1 super large sweet potato (or 2 large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, salt, pepper blend or 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- FODMAP version: Add in a white potato so you can eat more fries--sweet potato limit is 1/2 cup. Use garlic infused oil instead of garlic seasoning blend and sprinkle with salt & pepper instead.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and scrub sweet potato. Cut potato into steak fry shape or preferred shape. We made some crinkle cut with my fancy mandoline cutter.
- Place potatoes on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and move potatoes around a bit to ensure even coverage of oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with seasonings!
- FODMAPers: use garlic infused oil and forgo seasoning blends with garlic!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flip with spatula half way through cooking or until lightly brown.
Do you have a favorite sweet potato recipe?
4 replies on “Easy Peasy Baked Sweet Potato Fries!“
This is one of the first recipes you ever gave me. They always are a hit in my house!
EA-The Spicy RD
Gorgeous sweet potato! And the fries look pretty yummy too :-).
Comments are closed.