It’s strawberry season!
I shared this delicious stovetop strawberry lime chia seed jam recipe on my Instagram feed but thought I should post on the blog too!
This fiber rich jam is thickened with chia seeds, which provide a nice dose of low FODMAP fiber, magnesium and calcium! It tastes fabulous on top of peanut butter toast (use a suitable bread such as a slow leavened sourdough, if following a low FODMAP diet), on top of steel cut oats or as a topping for plain yogurt too. So delicious!
I hope you are having a great week!
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Place strawberries, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup and chia seeds in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Simmer ingredients for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a potato masher or a fork, lightly mash strawberries until they resemble a jam texture, allowing some small pieces for texture.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer jam to sealed glass container, refrigerate and use up within a week or two.