This recipe received an A + rating from my husband, my official recipe tester …other than me, of course!
I was super inspired to make a tasty meatball recipe when FODY foods sent me this low FODMAP Korean BBQ sauce and marinade. I work with FODY foods as their advisor.
This post contains paid affiliate links–but the thoughts and opinions provided in this post are my very own!
This FODY foods Korean BBQ sauce has a sweet, tangy deliciousness with a little kick of spice.
What makes a better appetizer than meatballs? Especially with the Super Bowl coming up next month! If you are looking for other low FODMAP meatball recipes, check out my Chicken Quinoa Meatballs with a Sesame Soy Sauce Drizzle, Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs or Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. YUM!
Just add toothpicks and you’re got a tasty low FODMAP app.
Or go big, add some rice noodles, julienne some carrots and cucumber, chop up some cilantro and peanuts and call it a meal. I am in love with this julienne peeler.
Russ and I bought A Taste of Thai Rice Noodles Linguine– a slightly thicker rice noodle than most. Ingredients: Rice flour, water, modified tapioca starch. These boil up quickly and provide a filling base to this meal.
The FODY Foods Korean BBQ Sauce and Marinade is free of onion and garlic, gluten and lactose free –but FULL of flavor and made with simple ingredients.
I made the meatballs with ground turkey–but you could use beef, pork or a mixture. Get creative! I tend to use lean meats for overall health…ya know, the dietitian in me. 🙂
Here’s the recipe for you:
- Serves 5
- 1 pound ground turkey (could use ground beef, pork, chicken or a mix)
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs ( I used Gillian's gluten free original bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil (I used FODY foods brand)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons FODY foods Low FODMAP Korean BBQ sauce
- 10 ounces rice noodles (I used A Taste of Thai Rice Noodles Linguine)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 English cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, add ground meat, gluten free bread crumbs, minced ginger, garlic infused oil, egg, and parsley, if using. Mix to combine ingredients.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make 20 meatballs (roughly the size of ping pong ball) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs for about 15 minutes.
- In medium to large skillet, add FODY foods Korean BBQ sauce, over low heat.
- Add meatballs to skillet to finish cooking, about another 5-10 minutes, or no longer pink inside. Stir meatballs to ensure all sides are covered with BBQ sauce.
- While meatballs are simmering, boil up rice noodles and julienne the carrots and cucumber.
- Drain and rinse noodles and then drizzle with sesame oil.
- Plate noodles evenly on serving dishes, top with carrots, cucumber, then meatballs with some of the FODY foods Korean BBQ sauce. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro and sesame seeds, as desired.
- Alternatively, just make meatballs and simmer in FODY foods Korean BBQ Sauce and top with toasted sesame seeds and serve as appetizer!
In other news, I am heading on vacation to Bermuda this week with my daughter. I am looking forward to the one on one time with Chelsea, walking the pink beaches, and just relaxing before my academic calendar gets in full swing. Follow our travels via my Instagram if you want! I have about 6 months left to finish up my MPH. Woohoo!!