Hey FODMAPers & Friends.
Today, I am sharing a quick and easy DIY low FODMAP & Gluten Free Waffle Mix. I absolutely love Belgian waffles…especially on a cool fall or winter morning. How about you? If you like a good Belgian waffle like me…I have provided a nice and easy recipe for you. You will need a waffle baker–but they are pretty inexpensive at your local department store.
Today I made a simple waffle topped with blueberries and confectioner’s sugar. Soooo good.
I included a gluten free flour blend for this recipe then added a little sugar, baking soda, gluten free baking powder and salt to create this easy to use waffle mix. Perfect to have on hand, when a craving for waffles strikes.
I will be providing a few fun recipes that you can use with this mix so you can totally up your waffle game. Sound good?
Check out my video on how to make my DIY Low FODMAP & GF Waffle Mix. I posted this video on my Instagram feed earlier this week:
Not on Instagram? Oh…it’s my favorite social media platform –light-hearted with beautiful photos. Would love to have you follow me>>>> here is my Instagram page!
To make 4 waffles mix together 1 cup of low FODMAP & GF Waffle Mix, 1 large egg, 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter, and 2/3 cup lactose free milk. Easy! (Do note: waffle makers can vary in size and you may make more or less waffles with this mixture)
Here is the recipe for the mix –with instructions on how to make 4 waffles with 1 cup of the DIY low FODMAP and GF waffle mix.
And yes, stay tuned for more delicious & cozy waffle combos coming your way.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cup of waffle mix (can double recipe)
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend (I used King Arthur GF measure for measure flour blend)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (use gluten free if following gluten free diet)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the gluten free flour blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large glass mason jar or similar sealed container.
- To make 4 waffles:
- In medium bowl, add 1 cup of waffle mix, 1 egg, 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter, 2/3 cup of lactose free milk