I don’t know about you…but this summer has been way too much fun! This weekend, I attended the Reggae and Roses event at Fuller Gardens in North Hampton, New Hampshire. The gardens were spectacular & the music was fun! (Reggae makes me happy) 🙂 A glass of rosé, a gorgeous crudité platter, and a venue that overlooked the ocean made for a lovely evening. I won the tickets from Seacoast Lately, a super fun blog/newsletter that shares upcoming events for those traveling to the Maine and New Hampshire coast! I enjoyed the event with my niece, Gretchen–a great opportunity to catch up with one another. Check out this pink hydrangea at the Fuller Gardens…absolutely beautiful!
We have had many guests this summer visiting our little Maine cottage and one of my favorite breakfast dishes for a crowd is this one pan hashbrown and egg dish. Like many of my recipes, you can really make this your own by adding different veggies, seasonings, herbs and breakfast meats.I often add uncured chicken bacon (al fresco brand) or breakfast sausages (without FODMAP ingredients), tomatoes, bell pepper, sometimes a little shredded cheddar, avocado and cilantro. For this recipe, I also added a little taco seasoning, without onion and garlic, of course! Just keep avocado to 1/8 of the avocado per serving for the low FODMAP elimination diet.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- Serves 6
- 2 teaspoons oil (grapeseed, canola, safflower)
- 6 cups shredded potato (I used frozen without any onion or garlic)
- 6 pre-cooked sausage links or patties or pre-cooked bacon strips--without FODMAP ingredients-- tear or cut bacon into bite size pieces.
- 6 large eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning ( I used FODY brand)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons, fresh chopped cilantro or parsley, optional
- 1-2 green scallions/spring onion(s), green part only, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On rimmed baking sheet, drizzle oil over bottom.
- Add potatoes and if using frozen sausage links, add in now. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking time, until hash browns are lightly browned (and sausages are warmed through).
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Crack each egg individually into small dish and place carefully over potatoes.
- Scatter tomatoes and bell pepper over potatoes.
- If using pre-cooked bacon, add in now.
- Season top of eggs with taco seasoning.
- Place baking sheet back into oven for 5-10 minute or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and garnish dish with cilantro or parsley (if desired), avocado and green onion.