Hey FODMAPers and Friends.
Last night I whipped up the most ah-mazing tacos…roasted chickpea tacos! I seasoned the chickpeas with Casa de Sante’s Chili Seasoning, a nice blend of chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, hing (asafoetida), and oregano. I drizzled the chickpeas with a little garlic infused olive oil and added just a sprinkle of sea salt and then roasted them up!
Roasted chickpeas are my new favorite treat! They are a great plant based protein that is fiber rich…and are so reasonably priced!
Just remember the low FODMAP limit of chickpeas is 1/4 cup portion of canned chickpeas!
Today’s post is a sponsored post from my friends at Casa de Sante. I love the opportunity to create fun recipes with Casa de Sante’s delicious spice blends. 🙂
To save time, I roasted the chickpeas on the middle rack in the oven and placed the corn tortillas on the bottom rack to lightly toast them. If you haven’t used soft corn tortillas before…they are so delicious. Just don’t over-cook or the tacos will not bend and they will be a bit more challenging to eat!
These tacos were super yummy with the chili seasoned roasted chickpeas alone…but you can also opt to top your taco with roasted shrimp, grilled chicken or a combo of suitable protein rich options. My son and husband, added shrimp, chicken AND the roasted chickpeas on top of their tortillas.
For a 20% discount off of Casa de Sante products, use the coupon code: KATE. Enjoy!
- Serves 6-8, serving size 2 tacos
- 1, 16 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Casa de Sante Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 12-16 (soft) corn tortillas
- 2 cups baby lettuce greens
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup lactose free sour cream (or sub in plain Greek yogurt, if you tolerate it)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, optional
- 1 fresh lime, sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add chickpeas to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Using paper towel, dry off any liquid from chickpeas.
- Add chili seasoning, oil and sea salt to chickpeas.
- Using basting brush, spread seasoning and olive over chickpeas.
- Roast chickpeas in preheated oven on middle rack for 15 minutes, stirring after about 6 minutes of cooking time.
- Add tortillas to bottom rack in oven to warm, about 2 minutes on each side or warm up in a large skillet over medium heat until each side of the tortilla is lightly browned but the tortilla is still pliable.
- To serve, layer about 1/4 cup lettuce, followed by 1-2 tablespoons chopped red and green pepper, a dollop of lactose free sour cream, a sprinkle of cheese, 2 tablespoons roasted chickpeas, cilantro, if using, followed by a squeeze of fresh lime juice.