Hello Friends…I am slowly getting back on grid after being lost on the island of Nantucket last week for my family vacation! It is always good to get away and re-charge the soul. Whenever I go away, I am always ready to get right back into my kitchen and start preparing new recipes. And this week, I came up with 3 new low FODMAP recipes that I am really excited about….first up: Potato Salad with Feta Cheese and Dill tossed in a simple red wine vinaigrette! Here it is…
This potato salad held up beautifully for leftovers….and it received stellar reviews from my kids! I purchased a 5 pound bag of red skinned potatoes and boiled them all. I used about 4 pounds of them in this potato salad, and saved the rest (about 4-5 potatoes) to toss on the grill to toast and warm them up for another quick side dish for dinner this week.
- 4 pounds red potatoes (choose small to medium size potatoes), scrubbed clean with vegetable brush
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion greens (don't use white part)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dry dill
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (I used an imported Greek feta cheese)
- Boil potatoes in large stock pot filled with water until potatoes are just fork tender (about 10-15 minutes cooking time)
- While potatoes are cooking, in small bowl, whisk parsely, scallions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dill and season with salt and pepper; set aside
- When potatoes are fork tender, drain the hot water and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process and cool the potatoes for handling.
- Cut potatoes in 1/2 or in quarters to create bite size pieces and place in medium to large bowl.
- Stir dressing again and drizzle over potatoes, fold to blend dressing with potatoes.
- Add crumbled feta to potatoes and lightly stir to incorporate (avoid adding feta to warm or hot potatoes)
In the background, I am tremendously busy….which is the pace of life I embrace. 🙂 I have been in major book editing mode….new book coming out August 2017! And…busy preparing for upcoming presentations, I will be speaking at the GI Nutrition conference at U. Michigan program this Saturday, The Gut Microbiome conference in Huntington beach in September, and FNCE 2016 and Harvard Medical School in Boston in October. Oh….and starting my Master’s in Public Health in September. Yikes! What this means….is more learning…which I love. And…ultimately, more sharing what I learn w/ you…which I also love. Oh…and for you local folks, my low FODMAP grocery tour is on for September 17th…learn more here.
Oh and of course, I would be remiss not to share a couple Nantucket photos, right? Here I am actually reading a non-medical or science oriented book! Ha 😉
And this aerial shot is via drone by my son Brennan….Sunrise over the happiest place on Earth!
Have a great week!!