Hey FODMAPer Friends!
I hope you are enjoying a great summer and finding time to get in a little beach time! There is nothing like the sound of rolling ocean waves to calm you inner soul. We all need a little tranquility now and again.
I am headed to Nantucket island next week with my family …and I am sooooo… looking forward to relaxing at the beach. We leave our car on Cape Cod, hop on the ferry to Nantucket and enjoy a week of the simple life. We tend to eat breakfast at home, pack a lunch for the beach and enjoy dinner out most nights on vacation.
Today, I thought I would provide a little inspiration for yummy low FODMAP treats and beverages to pack in your cooler for your next beach picnic. Here are mix of some of my favorite beach snacks:
Recipe links and more yummy Low FODMAP cooler goods ideas
- BBQ Chicken Wings
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Antipasto skewers
- Rice cake sandwich: layer peanut butter and banana slices between two rice cakes!
- For some salty crunch snacking try Popchips (sea salt), tortilla chips or Snyder’s GF pretzel sticks (salted flavor only)
- Granola bar: Our top pick: 88 Acres Dark chocolate and sea salt So yummy. I am officially addicted!
- Cheddar slices or a wedge of Brie with a side of brown rice crackers and grapes
- My low FODMAP hummus recipe serve with baby carrots, red pepper strips and cucumber slices
- Chewy peanut butter cookies These cookies are fail proof and super yum!
- Almond butter oat bites
- Fruit kabobs: simply add cubed pineapple, cantaloupe & honeydew, whole strawberries, blueberries and grapes to bamboo skewer for individual portioned fruit treats ( I purchase the pre-cut fruit at the market which is a little extra $, along with a pint of strawberries & blueberries. These take a little extra work… but they are so appealing!)
Low FODMAP refreshing beverages to have on ice:
- Plain and flavored seltzer
- Honest Tea (Half tea & half lemonade) I like this tea mixed with seltzer for a refreshing drink!
- Infused Iced H2O Add color and flavor with a few cucumber or lemon slices, mint leaves or raspberries or sliced strawberries
- Strawberry lemonade Per serving: blend 10 frozen strawberries in blender with 1 cup of lemonade, made without high fructose corn syrup (can double or triple recipe as desired but keep serving size to 1 cup).
To celebrate the sunset, these alcoholic beverages might be fun 🙂
- Red raspberry wine spritzer Red table wine + splash of seltzer + a few raspberries
- White wine spritzer Very cold white wine + splash of club soda + thin lime slices
- Blueberry Vodka Lemonade Blueberry Vodka +Lemonade (made without high fructose corn syrup) + plain seltzer + a few blueberries
- Prosecco a little bubbly (sparkling wine) is always fun to ring in the evening.
Other important beach trip essentials: sunscreen, cozy blanket, beach games, a good book, and your favorite people. 🙂
Please share your favorite beach snacks….as always, we can learn from each other!