Got a minute? Great, then you have time to make this cake! 🙂
I love single serving dessert recipes…and there is nothing quite like a dessert fresh out of the oven!
I whip up my 1 minute brownie in a mug recipe whenever I (or someone in my family) need(s) a quick tasty warm chocolate goodie. But this week, I decided to try my hand at making an angel cake in a mug. And voilà…here it is!
This little cake is worth celebrating! And, it would make a great treat for any of your favorite low FODMAP or gluten free friends!
I used Trader’s Joe’s all purpose gluten free flour to prepare this angel cake, baking powder, an egg white, granulated sugar, vegetable oil and almond extract. Simple and yummy!
I topped the cake with a few sprinkles…because, <FACT>: Sprinkles make everything a bit more fun. 🙂
- 2 tablespoons gluten free low FODMAP baking mix (I used Trader Joe's Gluten Free all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder (choose gluten free brand if following GF diet)
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Sprinkles, if desired (choose gluten free if following GF diet)
- In mug, add ingredients and mix with fork until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Scatter a few sprinkles on top of cake mixture, if desired.
- Place in microwave for 45* seconds or until cake tester comes out clean. Cooking time can vary due to the size of the mug you use and power of your microwave. *Check on cake after 30 seconds and cook in 5-10 second increments until cake is cooked through.
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
So… treat yourself to some cake…we all deserve to celebrate.