Hello FODMAPers. I hope you are enjoying the last days of summer. I am up at my Maine cottage just taking in a few last days of this gorgeous weather. But, I did want to share a quick, delicious recipe with you! These garlic and lemon infused roasted shrimp are pretty darn delicious!
So…grab a bag of e-z peel raw shrimp and get cookin’! These roasted shrimp make a great appetizer or evening meal.
Light, tasty and little cook time required.
- 1 pound extra large shrimp (peeled and de-veined, can leave tail shell on, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil cookie sheet.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel and add to cookie sheet in even layer.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon, crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper, to taste and drizzle evenly over shrimp.
- Roast shrimp for 6-8 minutes, until cooked through and opaque.
- Remove shrimp from oven and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and fresh parsley.
So, I was invited to do a filmed update on FODMAPs for one of the big GI conferences coming up this fall, how cool is that? I will be filmed in California in late September! Pinch me!
During the same trip to California, I will be attending the Gut Microbiome conference geared toward gut microbiome research including how our diet and antibiotics impact this delicate ecosystem…so will be sure to provide some updates after I digest all the info myself.
Have a great week!