Today’s post is all about zucchini!
We have been grilling up zucchini left and right this summer—simply cutting small zucchinis into spears, brush with a little olive or grapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper, grill until fork tender and browned up! So simple but so good.
Today’s zucchini recipe….zucchini muffins…I added a mashed banana, walnuts and some oats to maximize the nutrition in my zucchini muffin. Soooooo yummmmmmm! When the weather is hot, its nice to bake muffins vs. bread as they cook up a little quicker so less heat in the kitchen.
If you are a big zucchini fan, like me…I have a plethora of zucchini recipes to try right here on the blog! Here is some zucchini recipe inspiration (all low FODMAP, of course!):
Zucchini Tater Tots….um yum!
Zucchini Breakfast Cake…super tasty!
Zucchini breakfast pancakes! A great way to add vegetables to your breakfast!
Layered Zucchini Stacks! This dish is filling and nourishing and can be enjoyed as a healthy main or side dish! It’s a family favorite!
But today…It’s all about zucchini muffins! We love these wholesome muffins…
Feel free to add a little cinnamon sugar to the top for a little hint of sweet.
On a side note, for those who can’t find a gluten free baking mix, you might try to add 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum to your favorite low FODMAP flour blend to this recipe below.
- Makes: 18 muffins; serving size one muffin or make one zucchini bread in loaf pan-adjusting baking time to 45-55 minutes for bread.
- 2 cups gluten free baking mix (I used King Arthur's GF all purpose baking mix, another option might be Orgran self rising flour)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed)
- 3 cups grated zucchini, about 2 small or 1 1/2 medium size (drain any excess water)
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1 tablespooon cinnamon sugar to dust tops, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill 18 muffin tins with paper liners. (can also make one large zucchini bread as another option)
- In large bowl, blend GF baking mix, 2/3 cup oats (save the rest for the top of muffins), sugar and cinnamon.
- In small bowl, add banana and mash with fork until mashed potato consistency.
- Add both eggs to banana and mix.
- Mix banana egg mixture into dry ingredients along with zucchini and oil, mixing to blend.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with batter (should fill about 18 muffin cups.)
- Top muffins evenly with sprinkle of remaining oats (and cinnamon sugar, if using)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. (If baking bread, bake about 45-55 minutes).
On a side note, my low FODMAP webinar on July 28 (next week!) is filling up! I hope you can join me to learn great practical low FODMAP tips….from low FODMAP baking to label reading…plus more! To sign up or learn more, click here!