I been really into kale lately….trying new ways to add this superfood into my diet. So, this weekend, I tried adding some baby kale to a simple hummus recipe…and voilà…here it is…If you have a food processor…this recipe is so simple to prepare.
For my FODMAPers..no need to panic, this recipe has been modified to comply with the low FODMAP diet…yahooooooooo!
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 Tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups baby kale (or sub in chopped, kale leaves)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Serves about 4
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans
- Add all of the ingredients into food processor fit with metal blade.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- FODMAPs limit serving to about 1/4-1/3 cup to keep to cut off limit.
- Serve with a little drizzle of garlic infused oil on top and freshly ground pepper.
- (If not following the low FODMAP diet, you can substitute tahini for olive oil)
- Be creative if you'd like and flavor to your taste, add more lemon, some chopped chives, dill or cilantro.