I went to pick up my CSA farm share yesterday at Tangerini’s farm. There is nothing like being on a farm. It really is a happy place for me. 🙂 In addition to fresh lettuce, summer squash, beets, scallions and Bok choy, I went out in the fields to pick some fresh chives, thyme and oregano. I also picked a few sugar snap peas too.The local fish guy from Foley’s fish was selling fresh sea scallops and I knew I needed to get some of them too! The scallops were out of this world! I mean melt in your mouth GOOD!
To prepare the scallops for cooking, I gave them a quick rinse.
I decided to simply sear the scallops in a bit of garlic infused oil and a tad of butter, to help with the browning. I sprinkled a bit of sea salt and pepper on the scallops and added a few sprigs of thyme to the skillet to infuse it’s gentle flavor.
Russ and the kids bought me my first ever Vitamix! I can’t wait to whip up all sorts of new recipes and treats!
- Sea Scallops ( I cooked up about 3/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig thyme
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper, and then add scallops gently to skillet.
- Allow to brown on each side about 2-4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and cooked through.
- Cooking time may vary...I like my scallops cooked through and nicely browned