I discovered a yummy new ingredient…thanks to one of my blog readers, Liz! Thanks Liz for leading me to these little maple flakes. That would be Maple flakes by Tonewood. These little flakes of maple syrup add a little crunch and sweetness to my carrot cake yogurt parfait. See them on the bottom left of the photo? MMMMMmmm
This week, I decided to pull out one of my oldy but goody recipes> Carrot Cake Parfait but I changed up the recipe a little to make it a bit more FODMAP friendly and, well, even tastier!
I absolutely love, adore & swoon over carrot cake.
I absolutely LOVE Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt and have come to realize that I can enjoy 1/2 cup of it without any issues. Greek yogurt is much lower in lactose than traditional yogurt. I love the creamy texture. BUT, if you are very sensitive to lactose just sub in lactose free ( & fodmap friendly) yogurt in this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt or substitute in lactose free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- sprinkle cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- sprinkle Tonewood maple flakes (I used about 1 teaspoon)
- In small bowl, add yogurt and top with carrots and sprinkle of cinnamon
- Top with pepitas and maple flakes!
- That's it, enjoy!
OMG. So tasty! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! 🙂