Well….Happy Tuesday! I am on my way back to Boston after a wonderful visit to the Big Apple. This trip was a mix between business and pleasure….but since I love my career, it felt a bit more like one big trip of pleasure. The best part, of course, was spending some well-needed one-on-one time with my daughter, Chelsea. We usually hangout as a family….which is AWESOME…but having time with my kids individually is really special.
Chelsea and I love to eat healthy but yummy foods–we both have a bit of a sweet tooth and we are REALLY good at spending money! :)
My work this week involved a photo shoot. Complete with a makeup and hair stylist. How cool is that? I met the editors of a book I am working on….can’t really say any more about that (confidential)…but I am excited to share the details once it is published!
Before I headed out on Sunday, I did do a bit of creating in the kitchen…so thought I would share my latest treat.
I thought I would try a no-bake sweet made with whole grain oats, peanut butter and a few extra yummies.
This is one of my favorite recipes to date.
So…I mixed some rolled oats, oat bran, all natural peanut butter, vanilla paste, walnuts, a bit of unsweetened coconut, a drizzle of maple syrup and a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips in my food processor.
Then I rolled them into balls and froze ‘em. That’s it.
I tried them right away at room temperature and liked them.
BUT, they taste even better cold! mmmmm….
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Toss all the ingredients in a food processor fit with steel blade.
- Pulse until mixture starts to blend up--but still has some texture (about 1-2 minutes)
- Drizzle a bit more maple syrup if too dry to roll into a ball.
- Make about 12-14 balls. Freeze and enjoy.