I have been on Pinterest a little more than I want to admit these days. And I stumbled onto a flour-less and butter free peanut butter cookie. So I printed off the recipe, tweaked the recipe (I can’t help myself) and created a yummy low FODMAP cookie recipe for you.
I found the original recipe here.
This recipe made 18 good size cookies. You could definitely make the cookies smaller and get 20 or 22 cookies. I made half the batter pretty much as written subbing in brown sugar and adding a little more oats.
In addition to dark chocolate chips which I rough chopped first… (check out my broken tipped knife that I broke trying to cut squash….yikes!)I added a little chopped walnuts and a handful of shredded coconut–which to me, really zipped up the cookie a bit.This weekend, Russ and I organized our dining room. Our dining room table is one of my favorite pieces of furniture and it would be really nice if you could actually see it! It is somewhat of a catch-all for laundry, papers, boxes, crafts supplies…you name it. It’s been a 2 day process to get some semblance going in there….but we are making serious headway. Boy, it always feels so good to get organized. By nature, I am very unorganized. I am too busy learning, crafting and having fun. Cleaning or sitting still ….yeah, I am not very good at that.
I had a busy week. I flew to Omaha and did a webinar and live talk to a large group of dietitians on FODMAPs and the benefits of using sprouting foods for digestion and nutrient intake. This is my second trip to Omaha to speak this year! I love being on the road and meeting new colleagues…but it always is good to come back home. I love love love traveling….but I am a homebody in general. How about you?
Today, I did want to announce the winner of the The Everything Guide To The Low-Fodmap Diet: A Healthy Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders book! This book was graciously donated to me to give to one of my blog followers! Yay! The winner is…..<drumroll> Mary!! Mary, you have been notified via email! And thanks EVERYONE for sharing all your amazing and tasty recipe ideas!!! I so appreciate it. Will work on a Thanksgiving post soon too.
Up next, a yummy chicken recipe!!
And here is the Flour-less Oatmeal, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie! Do you best to limit to one or maybe two cookies per sitting!! MMMMMmmmm!! Enjoy!!
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter, well stirred
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut (unsweetened or sweetened w/ sugar works)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In medium bowl, add peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla and blend to mix
- Add in eggs and beat with mixer until well incorporated about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in oats and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate, walnuts and coconut
- Drop dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 1 heaping tablespoon per cookie and 2 inches apart.
- Flatten top of cookie with hand to make them rounded and prettier!
- Bake until edges are light brown about 9 minutes.