This post is geared toward my clinician followers. I am excited to share an upcoming educational program platform for dietitians called, Dietitian Deep Dive. I have partnered with Erin Judge, RD to provide a more deep dive approach into nutrition education for gastrointestinal conditions–and our first series is on small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)! This series has been generously sponsored by Commonwealth Diagnostics International.
Save the Dates! The live versions of the SIBO series will take place:
- July 13, 2021 from 7-8 pm EST (USA)
- July 20, 2021 from 7-8 pm EST (USA)
- July 27, 2021 from 7-8 pm EST (USA)
This program is prior approved for 3 continuing education credits from CDR for the 3-part series for dietitians.
We are excited to share our comprehensive, interactive educational program designed to provide the latest science–including a guest appearance from SIBO expert and gastroenterologist, Mark Pimentel joining us for session 2 for a Q and A with updates on hot off the press research straight from the Digestive Disease Week (DDW) 2021 meeting.
We have priced this workshop very reasonably at $99 per 3 sessions to allow for accessibility for dietitians at all levels. The program will be recorded should you have a conflict with the time of the live events. Other health care providers are also welcome to register. Register here.
Here is a recap of what we’ll provide:
First session: SIBO primer: What it is + How to Treat
- A review of the epidemiology and risk factors for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, symptomatology, how to test for this condition, the impact of different microbial produced gases (hydrogen, methane, hydrogen sulfide) on gut motility and GI manifestations, as well as possible nutritional manifestations.
- After this session, you will be provided 3 peer-reviewed articles on SIBO to read for review in session 2.
Second session: Research Updates in SIBO
- 30-minute Q and A with gastroenterologist and SIBO expert, Mark Pimentel re: research updates.
- 20-30-minute article review updates with Kate Scarlata MPH, RDN and Erin Judge RD
- Review of current breath testing options along with recently published data on the types of microbes associated with SIBO and potential therapeutic approaches to treatment.
- Review the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach to care.
- After this session, you will receive 2 peer-reviewed articles on SIBO.
Third session: SIBO: Practical nutrition intervention and clinical pearls
- Review of diets marketed to patients for this condition and common pitfalls for them.
- Review the potential benefit of reducing fermentable carbohydrates and which patients would be appropriate candidates for this approach.
- Detail the potential risks in these patients and appropriate treatments for malnutrition, disordered eating and potential barriers related to best nutrition practices due to social determinants of health.
About Commonwealth Diagnostics International, Inc. (CDI):
Commonwealth Diagnostics International, Inc. (CDI) is an innovative GI health company providing industry-leading diagnostic tests and tools to help physicians identify and diagnose common sources of digestive distress and functional gastrointestinal ailments. Focused on their patient-centric principles, their cost-effective portfolio of diagnostic products results in expedited treatment, better patient outcomes, and robust cost savings for the healthcare delivery system. Their expansive portfolio includes non-invasive at-home breath testing kits for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), Intestinal Methane Overgrowth (IMO), and carbohydrate malabsorption disorders, as well as IBSchek®, a proprietary capillary collection test for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS-D/M), and MyGIHealth, a cloud-based platform that enables patients to monitor, manage and understand their GI-related symptoms. Operating out of th CLIA-certified laboratory, and as an FDA registered, ISO 13485 certified medical device manufacturer, they pride themselves on their partnerships with industry-leading health systems, hospitals, and private practices worldwide. For more information, visit commdx.com.
6 replies on “Introducing Dietitian Deep Dive + the 3 Session SIBO Series“
I am going to be on vacation with our whole family when all of the live sessions are being held. Are they being videoed, and if so, could I pay to have access to them?
Yes, Susie. The 3 sessions will be recorded for later viewing. You can register and watch at your convenience.
If I am electronically challenged, how may I pay for these sessions?
Is it all viewable from your website?
Hi Barbara, this event is geared toward registered dietitians–but you are welcome to register and listen in. Here is the website to register: https://www.dietitiandeepdive.com
I would like to register for this SIBO session to view the recorded presentation, is it still possible?
Yes, you can sign up here: https://www.dietitiandeepdive.com/offers/X2YpRhSv
Comments are closed.