I created a delicious low FODMAP Oatmeal Cup with Banana and Dark Chocolate Chip recipe for you today! Today’s recipe includes a variety of wholesome, gut-friendly ingredients: rolled old fashioned oats, mashed banana (in just the right low FODMAP portion), eggs, Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels (low FODMAP certified), a hint of brown sugar, plus chia seeds and sunflower seeds for a little extra fiber and a nutritional boost.
The oats play the starring role in this muffin-style recipe. As a GI dietitian, I love anything made with oats as they provide a source of prebiotics (food for our health-promoting gut microbes) and gut-friendly fiber to the diet. And cocoa and dark chocolate, rich in polyphenols, impacts our gut microbes favorably as well, review here.
Today’s post is a sponsored from Enjoy Life Foods but my thoughts and opinions in the post are my own!
Did you know Enjoy Life Foods now offers a variety of low FODMAP certified foods? Well, it’s true. Simply click on the following link, and be sure to add in the diet filter at the top of the page for fodmap friendly>> Check out Enjoy Life Foods’ full line of low FODMAP products right here.
Good News! You can get 15% off your Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels order. Just visit, Enjoy Life Foods, use offer code: Kate15 at checkout. This discount code is effective March 5-March 31, 2019.
Enjoy Life Foods provides a full line of allergy friendly foods. All of Enjoy Life Foods products are free from the common 14 allergens – wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, casein, soy, egg, sesame, sulfites, lupin, mustard, fish, shellfish & crustaceans. In addition, their products are made in a dedicated nut-free and certified gluten free facility, which was built from the ground up, where special allergen protocol testing takes place to ensure none of their products contain the common 14 allergens.
If you are interested in trying a nice variety of Enjoy Life Foods low FODMAP certified products, be on the lookout on my Instagram feed too, as I will be doing an amazing low FODMAP giveaway partnership with Enjoy Life Foods soon!
I would highly recommend you make these delicious Oatmeal Cups with Banana and Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels! They taste so good, especially warm with the melted dark chocolate and banana combo! They make a great breakfast on the run, perhaps along with a lactose free yogurt, or a delicious afternoon snack or dessert. Russ and I brought these with us on our recent trip to New York City–they were a great treat during the car ride!
Here’s the recipe!
- Makes 12 cups. Serving size 1-2 oatmeal cups.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil 12 cup muffin tin
- In medium bowl, add banana, mash with fork until creamy
- Stir in brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Blend in chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, rolled oats and 1/3 cup dark chocolate morsels.
- Fill each muffin cup almost to the top. Sprinkle the remaining dark chocolate morsels evenly over the top of the oats.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Run butter knife around muffin cup to loosen oatmeal cups.