Casa de Sante’s Cajun/Creole low FODMAP certified seasoning is right up my alley…a mix of salt, asafoetida, paprika, oregano, basil, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper and thyme. It is so good with just a hint of heat and a ton of Louisiana taste!
I used the Casa de Sante Cajun seasoning along with brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic infused oil, and lemon juice to create a sweet and tangy marinade for boneless chicken. These flavors together are amazing. I marinated the chicken for a couple hours but you could do more (overnight) or less (1 hour) depending on your timeline.
I cooked up the chicken in my dutch oven along with the marinade, creating the most flavorful, slightly caramelized chicken.
In the last couple minutes of cooking, I added red bell pepper strips (you could add tri-color peppers if you’d like). The bell pepper strips were fork tender, still vibrant in color and not over-cooked!
I served this goodness, over a big bowl of brown rice, and topped with fresh chopped parsley, mint, scallion greens, sliced jalapeno pepper and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Ahhhh….I love this kind of meal.
The Casa de Sante Cajun Seasoning is not too spicy and it does NOT contain garlic or onion, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
How ’bout you give this recipe a whirl? 🙂
You might also like to try my Cajun-spiced Quinoa Chickpea burgers made with Casa de Sante’s Cajun seasoning, click here! The burgers are made with just the right amount of chickpeas to be compliant with the low FODMAP elimination phase.
I am a big fan of nourish bowls. If you are looking for a free low FODMAP handout to guide you in making your own mix and max nourish bowls, click here.
If you want to check out Casa de Sante’s line of low FODMAP goodies, click here.
- 2 teaspoons Casa de Sante Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (without any honey, onion or garlic)
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, sliced (green part only)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut in thin rounds, if desired
- 1 fresh lime sliced into 4 wedges
- 4 cups cooked rice (brown, red, white)
- In medium glass bowl, add Casa de Sante Cajun/Creole seasoning, mustard, garlic infused oil, lemon juice and brown sugar; whisk to blend.
- Add in sliced chicken, folding chicken into marinade to cover all sides of the chicken.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate from 1-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and add to medium stockpot or dutch oven, over medium-low heat.
- Brown chicken for about 15-20 minutes, turning regularly to avoid burning, reducing heat as necessary.
- Add bell pepper strips to chicken along with 1/4 cup water, let cook for about 2 minutes until slightly wilted and fork tender.
- Remove pan off heat.
- Add about 1 cup of cooked rice to serving bowl and top with about 1/4 of the chicken and bell pepper mixture.
- Garnish top of dish with parsley, scallion greens, mint, a few rings of cut Jalapeno pepper (if using), and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.