Hello Friends! Just a quick post today… I posted this yummy chia pudding on my Instagram account and received a few requests for the recipe…so here you go!
The recipe calls for just a few ingredients: canned light coconut milk, white chia seeds, splash of pure maple syrup and vanilla extract. I like the Trader Joe’s canned coconut milk as it is free of added gums, which are do not contain FODMAPs but can trigger symptoms in some folks.
Chia seeds are a low FODMAP fiber source yielding about 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon. They are also a source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats and magnesium. Enjoy!
- Serving size: ~1/4-1/3 cup chia pudding
- 2 cups canned light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white chia seeds (you can substitute in black chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a large mason jar or glass container with top, mix light coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Place in refrigerator to set and shake container a few times to ensure adequate mixing.
- Serve about 1/3 cup pudding with 1 tablespoon semi sweet chocolate chips and sprinkle with shredded coconut.