Hey Guys…hope you are having a good week. I wanted to share this salad I whipped up last week for my family, Kale Greek Salad. It is a nice mix of mint, tomatoes, pine nuts, feta, olives and kale, drizzled with a simple lemon and mustard dressing. These refreshing flavors pair perfectly with grilled fish, chicken and/or lean beef.
With the fresh ingredients on hand, this salad is quick to whip up. And of course, you can sub in other low FODMAP ingredients as desired such as green olives for the black or walnuts for the pine nuts.
Here it is up close and personal!
Recipe is below. I hope you enjoy it!
I hope your week is off to a good start. My week is quite busy…but I am excited as I am speaking at 2 events. These speaking opportunities allow me to actively engage in my mission: to help patients with IBS feel better and have access to accurate scientific based education. I have partnered with Gastro Girl’s founder, Jackie Gaulin, to provide a low FODMAP webinar, Thursday, July 28 at 8 PM EST for individuals that suffer with IBS. I hope you can join the fun! Health professionals can join the event too–but the talk will be more about tips and practical application of the diet. Jackie has a similar vested interest in providing comprehensive supportive care to patients with GI disorders and one of the key reason she created Gastro Girl. To register for the webinar or learn more about Gastro Girl, click here. The second event is this Friday afternoon, July 29, at 3:40 PM EST. I will be talking at the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders (ADMD) in Bedford, Massachusetts about the low FODMAP diet too! (Guess the low FODMAP diet is my fav topic!) 🙂 Click here for more on this event! And lastly, we will be opening up registration for our low FODMAP grocery shopping tour and GF cafe and restaurant tour in Millis, MA soon! Stay tuned! This event will be limited to 20 attendees…and we have a great event in the planning!
Now….for the yummy recipe!
- Serves 4
- 4 cups baby kale, light chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 scallions (green part only), cut in thin rounds
- 20 fresh mint leaves, some full and some cut
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toss on fresh or toast up in skillet for a little extra flavor)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper
- Assemble salad ingredients on platter.
- Whisk salad dressing together in small bowl and drizzle over salad.
- Sprinkle a final dusting of fresh ground pepper over salad, if desired.