I found a recipe for Fancy Pants Chicken…on Pinterest and Facebook. Love Love Love that name! But of course, it was not fully suitable for the low FODMAP diet…so I tweaked the recipe and here it is!!
Remove from the oven 5 minutes prior to being done and top with shredded mozzarella cheese….and you will feel the love literally oozing from this tasty dish.
We enjoyed the smothered chicken with sprouted red rice ( a new product from Trader Joes–cooks up in 3 minutes! love that!), and tri-colored carrots. Easy and tummy friendly!
- Serves 6
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup low FODMAP chicken broth (I made mine w/ Savory Chicken broth packets)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or use 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
- 8 ounce package of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Layer chicken breasts into bottom of 9 x13 casserole dish that has been lightly oiled.
- Top each chicken breast w/ 1 slice of prosciutto.
- Cover chicken with baby spinach.
- Mix broth, lemon juice, basil and garlic infused oil.
- Drizzle over spinach.
- Cover the casserole dish loosely with tin foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and spinach wilted.
- Remove from oven and add mozzarella evenly over chicken.
- Put casserole back in oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
This recipe is a new family favorite. Good enough for company or anytime you are feeling a little bit fancy! 🙂