I morphed the recipe a little to make it low in FODMAPs. Dried fruit tends to be high FODMAP but dried cranberries in small amounts (1 TB) are okay.
So….here you go. These are such a light delicate cookie…and somewhat addictive. 🙂 Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Serving size 2 cookies
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or sub in a suitable gluten free flour blend)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, medium grind
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together rice flour (or gluten free flour blend), cornmeal and baking powder.
- In medium size bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg into butter mixture, mix until evenly blended.
- Gradually mix flour and cornmeal mixture to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold in orange zest and cranberries.
- Place dough onto parchment paper and roll into 2 inch diameter log (about 14 inches long w/ flat edges--cookies will be cut into rectangular shape).
- Cover dough with parchment paper and place roll of dough in refrigerator until firm (about 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch slices and place on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.