Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! I have a super busy week ahead! I am speaking at the 17th Neurogastroenterology & Motility Scientific Meeting in Huntington Beach, California on FODMAPs (of course!) on Friday. Then from there, I fly to Chicago to attend the International Celiac Disease Symposium and provide a FODMAP workshop after the conference. I am very excited to learn the latest in digestive health at these two prestigious conferences. I have plans to connect with some researchers and hope to come back to Boston with the latest info in digestive health. I will be chirping on twitter about key digestive health research–so don’t forget to follow me on twitter: KateScarlata_RD
So…I made this recipe last week…and I can’t wait to make it again. Super yummy, nutritious and easy on the digestion!
Check out my zucchini pasta….
If you don’t have a julienne peeler might I suggest you buy one! They are super fun to use!
Using a bit of garlic infused oil–I sautéed up a bunch of my garden ripe CSA veggies: bell peppers, carrots and tomatoes…and some leftover green beans too!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled in sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup green beans (I just added these 'cause I had them, can use or not)
- Optional topping: Parmesan cheese and grilled or seared scallops, if desired
- Using julienne peeler, julienne the zucchini flesh (not seeds) and set aside
- In large skillet, add garlic infused oil and peppers, tomato, carrots and green beans (if using) over medium heat.
- Saute for abou 3 minutes.
- Add in julienned zucchini.
- Stir and cook until veggies are fork tender and zucchini 'al dente' or cooked to desired texture.
- Season with salt, pepper and shredded parmesan cheese (as desired)
- Top with seared scallops or grilled shrimp, if desired