I don’t know about you, but I have a little sweet tooth. Russ and I have hit every bakery in the southern Maine seacoast this year…or so it seems. 😉
We have some of our regular bakery favorites such as Bread and Roses in Ogunquit (check out their rocky road bars–made free of flour) and Boulangerie in Kennebunk (their Boulangerie brownies are made with low FODMAP ingredients), and the 1690 house in Wells with delicious macarons and a couple other suitable low FODMAP cookies depending on the day and time of day you get there. We also love the iced Americano at Brewed Awakenings!
And…I could go on and on…because there is not a bakery in the world that I haven’t fallen in love with…ha! 🙂
The inspo for this recipe came via a friend on Facebook that posted this recipe, which I modified for the FODMAP-er.
I have to tell you that I drizzled the bread with the lemony glaze when it was still slightly warm, sliced it (oops, you are not suppose to slice bread when its warm, because it falls apart), and let the crumbly glazed mixture fall apart in my hands while I enjoyed every warm bite. I encourage you to do the same. 🙂
If you are looking for other low FODMAP zucchini-based recipes, check out my other recipes such as: Zucchini Walnut Pancakes, Zucchini potato tots (YUM!), Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries, & Garlic-infused Zucchini Ribbons with Pine Nuts.
Here’s the Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe. Let me know what you think!
- Makes 10 servings
- 1 1/2 cups suitable gluten free flour blend (I used King Arthur gluten free flour measure for measure)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (I used Bob's Red Mill super fine almond flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I used sunflower oil for the essential fats but you can use olive oil too)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini (skin and flesh), about 1 medium zucchini
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare loaf pan with a lining of parchment paper.
- In medium to large size bowl, combine flour blend, almond flour and baking powder.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, lemon juice and almond extract and mix to combine ingredients.
- Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Set bread to rest and cool down.
- Meanwhile in small bowl, mix confectioner's sugar with lemon juice until creamy.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled or slightly warm bread.
- Allow to cool for easier slicing OR enjoy while warm, but bread may be less easy to slice!