It’s time to say, “Happy Birthday to the USA!” …and who doesn’t like fireworks, parades, cookouts, and yummy desserts?
To get you in the RED, WHITE and BLUE spirit, I have a few fun dessert inspirations to share for the low FODMAP diet follower gearing up for the celebrations.
For the above recipes, check out my Fruit & Yogurt Topped Pineapple Slices! Simply use strawberries, blueberries & raspberries to keep up the Red, White & Blue holiday theme going. To serve, we slice the pineapple into a 4 triangles with a pizza cutter. So pretty & healthy.
If you know me…you know I am all about dark chocolate dipped fruit! It’s easy to dip fruit in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips and bring an extra specialness to your fruit-based desserts. Click here for my how -to -do instructions–and get a few more chocolate dipped fruit inspirations. Add a few non-pareil patriotic sprinkles to your chocolate dipped fruit, if you want kick your dessert up a notch.
And if you want to whip up a low FODMAP strawberry shortcake…the quintessential summer dessert, check out my recipe here!
Today’s recipe is Fruit ‘n Oat Crumble Bars! It’s a super easy recipe that includes a smattering of blueberries, coconut and strawberries…just keeping up with the red, white & blue holiday theme!
Bake up, let cool and slice into 9 bars. YUM!
Happy Holiday LOOOONG weekend to my fellow US followers! Enjoy time with family, relaxation and perhaps a yummy dessert or two, too!
Here’s the recipe>>>>>>
- Makes 9 servings
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 pound butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 5 medium strawberries cut lengthwise in 3 pieces
- 12-15 blueberries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix gluten free flour blend, oats, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Reserve 1/3 of this mixture--set aside.
- Add egg white to remaining oat mixture until blended and press firmly into 8 x 8 pan.
- Place strawberry slices and blueberries over the mixtures.
- Sprinkle top with flaked coconut.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Let cool and then slice into bars.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
For more summer fun and BBQ inspiration, check out my all new FODY foods collab, The Cookout with Kate BBQ Box with FODY! (full discloser: the link is a paid affiliate link). The Cookout with Kate Box contains 8 of my favorite FODY food products, a free downloadable recipe inspiration guide with over 20 recipes, plus low FODMAP swag…a fun beachball and navy cooler bag. Toni Fiori (my partner in crime, at our practice, For a Digestive Peace of Mind) and I are upping our beach ball game in the video link, click below >>>