Feeling fancy? Well, then this recipe is for you! Slicing pineapple into slices and adorning with fresh low FODMAP fruit and seeds or nuts is not only nourishing but beautiful. These gorgeous pineapple slices would make great party fare.
I added a little fresh mint too to brighten up the flavor! Soooooo good!
So fun and festive, right?
And up close and personal:
And so fun cut in wedges (like a pizza…but healthier!)
- Serving size: 1/2 pineapple round (or per your tolerance)
- I whole pineapple, cut horizontally into 3/4 inch thick rounds
- 1, 8 ounce container lactose free yogurt (plain or vanilla, I used Green Valley lactose free vanilla)
- Fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries, kiwifruit wedges, coconut, papaya, banana for decoration (limit to about 1/4 cup fruit per pineapple slice)
- Pumpkin seeds, chia, walnuts (as desired, limit to 1 tablespoon per pineapple slice)
- Fresh mint, chopped (as desired)
- Slice pineapple in rounds and place on parchment lined tray.
- Spread slice of pineapple with layer of yogurt and top with fruit, nuts/seeds and mint as desired sticking with limits as instructed.