These lemon cornmeal cookies are sooooooo good. They are light & crisp and have a lovely lemon flavor.
I ate 5 in one sitting. Oops. 😉
I hope your week is off to a good start. My family had a busy long weekend in Maine including a trip to the Ogunquit Playhouse to see the final night of the play, Mama Mia (amazing!), a trip to the beach (relaxing), a block party (fun) and at the end of the long weekend, I enjoyed a cold Guinness at the Ramp restaurant w/ my guy–taking in a view of the ocean.
We had a house full at our little Maine cottage this weekend. All 3 of my kids, my in-laws….plus Lucy (my heart was full). For breakfast, I made a quick an easy one pan breakfast dish with store bought shredded potatoes, sunny side eggs, tomatoes, chicken bacon (Al fresco) and turkey sausage. It was so easy. I will post this recipe soon.
For now…I am off to finish my final Research Methods paper. And tonight at midnight, I will officially be on school vacation until the fall. Phew! I am 1/3 through my Master’s of Public Health program!
- Makes 20 large or 40 small cookies; serving size 2 large cookies or 4 small cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup medium grind corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon oil (I used Boyajian lemon oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric beateres until creamy (I used my Kitchen Aid stand alone mixer).
- Add in egg until just mixed.
- Add in gluten free flour blend, corn meal, lemon oil, baking soda, and zest, until blended.
- Take 1/2 of dough and place on top of large piece of parchment paper.
- Roll into a log, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place dough in refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Slice dough into 1/2 inch thick cookies.
- Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- You will need to do in 2-3 batches or save some dough in refrigerator to cook later. (Use up refrigerated dough within 3 days)
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes for large cookies and 8 minutes for small cookies or until lightly brown on the edges.