Hello Friends…I don’t know about you but I love a good nourish bowl. What’s a nourish bowl? A bowl full of your favorite healthy ingredients where all the yummy flavors collide into one amazing and nourishing mouthful.
Today’s post is a simple and delicious Mexican Chicken & Quinoa Nourish bowl. I infused the wonderful flavors of chili, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper into ground chicken with Casa de Santé’s Mexican Seasoning Mix, a gluten free and certified low FODMAP seasoning blend. This post is sponsored by my friends at Casa de Santé.
What I love about Casa de Santé’s Mexican Seasoning Mix is the spot on Mexican flavor it provides WITHOUT any added onion and garlic. You and your guests will not even know this seasoning mix is free of the fructans (FODMAPs) found in onion and garlic. You can purchase a variety of Case de Sante’s low FODMAP certified (by FODMAP Friendly) products on the Casa de Santé site.
To save on preparation time, you can cook up the ground chicken and/or quinoa in advance and then quickly reheat them prior to assembling the nourish bowl.
For color and added nutrition, I added a few sliced radishes, lactose free sour cream (a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt can be substituted too, it’s low enough in lactose), freshly grated cheddar cheese, sliced grape tomatoes, 1/8 avocado and fresh cilantro per bowl. Adding a few pepitas might be a nice touch too, for added crunch. But feel to make this recipe your own by adding in some of your other favorite low FODMAP ingredients such as finely chopped kale, roasted red pepper strips, or thinly sliced scallions (green part, only).
Quinoa adds a nice boost of protein and fiber to this dish, but you can opt to use white or brown rice instead. I often keep the frozen pre-cooked quinoa, jasmine or brown rice in my freezer or prepare a big batch of red quinoa in advance for easier meal prep.
You can get 20% off any purchase in the Casa de Sante store using the code: Kate.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Casa de Sante Mexican Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups pre-cooked red quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
- Grated cheddar (1/4 cup per bowl)
- Sliced radishes (2 per bowl)
- Sliced avocado (1/8 avocado per bowl)
- Lactose free sour cream or Plain Greek yogurt (1 tablespoon per bowl)
- 5 grape tomatoes, sliced (per bowl)
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons pepitas, optional
- Prepare quinoa, set aside.
- In medium skillet over medium heat, add in ground chicken, Casa de Sante Mexican Seasoning Mix, salt and oil.
- Cook ground chicken for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through, stirring frequently, until crumbled and no longer pink, set aside.
- Assemble nourish bowl: Add 1 cup cooked quinoa to bottom of small-medium size bowl, top with Mexican Seasoned Chicken, cheddar, radishes, avocado, lactose free sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro & pepitas, if using.