Happy Hump Day! Today, I have a quick recipe and give-a-way! Casa de Sante reached out to see if I might want to try their spice blends that are onion and garlic free. I suggested they send along their BBQ Rub made with turbinado sugar, salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, oregano, asafoetida, cayenne and cumin and their Lemon Herb Seasoning too!
And, then I made some quick baked bbq wing appetizers for my boys.
The BBQ flavor was slightly sweet and savory with a little hint of heat.
Their Lemon Herb seasoning is made with lemon peel, salt, asafoetida, basil and pepper. I will add this to our boneless chicken breast tonight and grill it up….will let you know how it tastes!
Today, I am providing a give-a-way: one packet of the BBQ seasoning and one packet of the Lemon Herb seasoning to try! Just leave a comment stating your favorite low FODMAP BBQ fare here on this post for a chance to win! I welcome your BBQ inspiration!
To learn more about Casa de Sante and/or to purchase their products, click here. Disclaimer: I am unaware of these spice blends have been officially tested for FODMAP content but they appear suitable to me! If you want a simple baked wing recipe, then here you go:
- 16 wings, trimmed and cut for wing appetizers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Casa de sante BBQ rub
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add wings to baking sheet.
- Brush wings with oil.
- Add one tablespoon of the rub to the wings, rubbing into both side of wings.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn wings over and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of rub over wings.
- Use brush to evenly spread out rub.
- Return wings to oven for additional 5-8 minutes.
I am so grateful that summer is here! I just returned from a quick, impromptu trip to Maine with my sister. It was so peaceful in Maine on a Monday and Tuesday…no weekend craziness or crowds.
We walked the beach w/ Lucy…
and…walked the beautiful Marginal Way in Ogunquit too.
Heading back this weekend to celebrate Father’s Day with my kids and husband. It is my happy place. I hope you can enjoy some time in your happy place soon too! 🙂