Happy Friday! Russ and I are headed to Maine this weekend. I am looking forward to a nice, relaxing Mother’s Day Weekend. Happy Mother’s Day to my fellow Mom’s out there. Today, I thought I would share a fun recipe I made last week that you can enjoy as an appetizer or a side dish, Green Bean Bundles.I trimmed green beans cutting them into even pieces. I wrapped them with a 1 inch strip of ham (prosciutto would be nice too!) and thinly sliced provolone cheese. Drizzled with a little splash of garlic infused oil and roasted them up. When they finished cooking, I added a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. And there you have it, Green Bean Bundles! YUMMO!
It this recipe time consuming to make? Yes, a little. It’s not hard to do, but this is not a recipe you want to whip up on a busy school night. They are super yummy though…and kid approved. You can also prep them early in the day and bake them up later.
It’s best to cook them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper as they do tend to get stuck on the cookie sheet due to some melted cheese escaping!
A few side notes for the health professionals following this post or my blog….Monash University is sponsoring an upcoming talk in Italy. I am honored to be part of this event. Numerous Monash University researchers coupled with UK and US digestive health experts will meet in Prato, Italy for a meeting. This is open to health professionals: scientists, dietitians and doctors etc. Limited seats are available and it should be a fantastic learning opportunity. More on this event can be found here.
For Mother’s Day, Russ bought me a flower time share at Tangerini’s Spring Street Farm! Every week, I can go to the farm to cut my very own fresh flowers! Having any excuse to go to Tangerini’s makes me happy. It truly is one of my happy places…..you can feel the love that goes into growing fresh organic produce, flowers and animals! So…I am so excited about this early Mother’s Day gift for me!
I wish all the Mom’s a day of rest and relaxation! YOU deserve it!
- Serves 4
- 2-3 cups green beans (about 40-50 green beans)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced imported ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Trim green beans by cutting ends keeping size of green beans the same
- Slice ham into 1 inch strips the long way
- Slice provolone cheese into 1 inch strips
- Wrap three green beans with both ham and cheese- in the middle.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Drizzle green beans evenly with garlic oil.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until green beans fork tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.