One of my clients told me she used quinoa in place of granola in her yogurt parfaits. I LOVE this idea! So I whipped up a recipe to share with you!
Russ and I love to add quinoa to our hot breakfast cereals. We toss in steel cut oats and oat bran. Add some chia seeds, strawberries and a few pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds). Maybe a little bit of maple sugar too if I need a little extra hint of sweetness. Have you tried quinoa for breakfast yet? Or better yet, have you tried quinoa yet?
Although I do enjoy a nice quinoa salad, I love quinoa sweetened up too!
Then I layered this amazing quinoa mixture with some Greek yogurt (FODMAPer can substitute in lactose free yogurt as necessary) and some fresh berries. I am a fan of Chobani but Green Valley lactose free yogurt is good too.
My crazy chocolate lab, Lucy and I enjoy Greek yogurt. We usually share a container….and this morning she not only enjoyed some Greek yogurt but is proudly wearing some on her chin.
I do love to add a few raspberries to pretty much anything when I get a chance. Our neighbor, Mr. Hubbard grew BEAUTIFUL raspberry bushes that creeped over onto our property. Fresh sweet raspberries fondly remind me of our sweet neighbor, his tasty berries and my childhood.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- Generous dash of cinnamon
- 8 ounces Lactose vanilla or plain yogurt (such as Green Valley)
- 1/2 cup washed fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- Blend quinoa with sliced almonds, shredded coconut and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Layer yogurt followed by 1/2 of quinoa and top again with remaining yogurt.
- Finish parfait with the rest of the quinoa mixture and add the berries as the final topping.