I love cooking and get very easily inspired to try new recipes. This past weekend we visited with Russ’ parents and my father-in-law, Tony shared a new gadget he had for his television that provided all sorts of recipes.
I saw a picture of what looked like French Fries and when I took a closer look, it was asparagus dipped in bread crumbs and then baked! Hmmmm….I thought I would try a version of this recipe with Parmesan cheese and whole-wheat bread crumbs and we liked them! [ Asparagus is NOT FODMAPs friendly...but with some zucchini and GF bread crumbs it is low in FODMAPs] Here’s the asparagus before it hit the oven!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed [low FODMAP followers, try this with 1 medium zucchini, cut in chunky rectangles]
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs [low FODMAP followers, use Glutino original bread crumbs]
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and place on dinner size plate
- Dip vegetables in eggs then roll in crumbs to adhere crumb mixture
- Place on cookie sheet that has been well oiled or on oven-safe wire cooling rack placed on top of cookie sheet.
- Spray vegetables with olive oil (I use a Misto spray bottle that I have filled with olive oil rather than commercial brands)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or to desired texture.
WE decided this recipe was a keeper. I will definitely try with other veggies.
I also tried to make a goat cheese appetizer yesterday…because this is how I spend my free time!!??!
- 4 oz plain goat cheese, rolled into about 12 small balls
- 1/3 cup Hero Strawberry fruit spread, heated for about 10 seconds in microwave
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 strawberries, cut in half
- Roll cheese in slightly warmed fruit spread then roll in chopped nuts
- Place on serving tray and refrigerate
- To serve, add a chopped strawberry to toothpick, then add cheese ball OR serve with crackers.
The past 2 weeks, I took some time off from seeing clients to get much needed paperwork done.
I did get a lot of work done in-between but not as much as I envisioned. Boy, can I get side tracked!?
I tried to be easy on myself, take it down a notch from my usual frenzied life and lived by this motto, which is a great sign Russ bought for our house. The artist who made this wonderful sign can be found here. I love her style!
Do you get encumbered with your old nonsense? Ha!
When was the last time you took a break from your usual routine?