Hello Friends, happy Friday!
I shared this delicious pumpkin sauce over pasta recipe on my Instagram this week and I thought I should provide it here as well!
This recipe is super easy and quick to make. It’s made primarily with shelf-stable ingredients you may already have on hand. It’s a delicious gluten free and low FODMAP dish that you can enjoy as a side or main dish.
I added chopped walnuts as one of the pasta toppings to up the healthy fats, fiber and magnesium in the dish. I am all about maximizing taste and nutrition in every single bite. The canned pumpkin offers fiber and Vitamin A too! The sage and garlic infused oil in the recipe add a pop of low FODMAP flavor. This recipe makes 4 low FODMAP servings. If you are following a vegetarian or dairy free diet, you can simply delete the cheese in the recipe.
Creamy Pumpkin Sauce with Pasta, Walnuts and Parsley
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage or 1 tablespoon fresh sage, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces suitable gluten free pasta (I used Garafalo corn, rice + quinoa pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Shredded Parmesan
- In small saucepan, add pumpkin, coconut milk, sage, garlic infused oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer over low heat.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain and rinse pasta, and add to serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta, stir to blend.
- Garnish top with walnuts, parsley and shredded parmesan.
- This recipe provides 4 Low FODMAP portions.
10 replies on “Creamy Pumpkin Sauce with Pasta, Walnuts and Parsley“
Thanks for the recipe using canned pumpkin. So many low FODMAP recipes use kabocha squash in place of pumpkin and it is difficult to find in my area. I’m looking forward to trying this one.
I found frozen kabocha squash at our local Whole Foods—which was an awesome find. But, yes, I too, love the ease of using canned pumpkin!
It looks amazing! I’m definitely going to try it!!
Thanks for the recipe!
You are most welcome! Enjoy! One follower suggested adding a 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg to the sauce–so consider that addition if that appeals to you.
This was easy & yummy. Next time, I think I’d add 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg to amp up the flavor a bit. Thank you for this. It was just the right amount of pumpkin taste.
I love the nutmeg idea!
Dr. Lucette Beall
This recipe is absolutely delicious and soo easy!! Thank you soo much for continuing to create delicious and nutritious low FODMAP recipes!! So many of your recipes are in my rotation of favorites and “go to’s” and this will be another one!! Happy Thanksgiving!
So happy to hear this Dr. Beall! Enjoy the holiday!
This was delicious and so easy! I didn’t have any sage so I used poultry seasoning.
Oh that is a great swap. I use my Bell’s seasoning a lot when I don’t have sage!
Comments are closed.