It’s been a while…I finally finished my Master’s in Public Health! My last two classes finished up on June 28th…and I was ridiculously busy! Now, I am officially back in the kitchen!
I have been working on an oat-based breakfast bar that would be an easy snack or part of an on the go breakfast and created this yummy Oat and Cranberry Bar. It is full of seeds too, to maximize the nutrition! My goal for this bar was to utilize healthy ingredients to create one nutrient dense (and delicious) bar. I think I did good. Let me know what you think!
This recipe makes 12 bars.
- Makes 12 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil but for a lighter flavor choose a light colored olive oil)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped (select brand with low FODMAP ingredients)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 8 x 8 square pan, lining with parchment paper
- In medium bowl, add oil, brown sugar, eggs and extract. Mix to blend.
- Stir in oats and oat flour.
- Fold in pepitas, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, and cranberries.
- Add mixture to pan, pressing ingredients firmly in pan with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool, then cut into 12 bars