I hope that your Spring…almost Summer (yahoo!) season is warming up your soul a bit and you are ready for some relaxing summertime fun! I am in the midst of my last two classes for my MPH degree and needless to say, I am a bit swamped! But…my favorite way to procrastinate from studying (yes, I definitely procrastinate) is to bake! This week’s procrastination baking project was a delicious Lemon Blueberry Tart that I made gluten free and low FODMAP.
I love this tart. In fact, I actually could not stop thinking about it last night while laying in bed, and actually got up to snag a piece. Oops. 🙂
The lemon topping on this tart is simply a mixture of lemon curd and lactose free cream cheese. How easy is that? I used an 8 ounce tub of Green Valley Organics lactose free cream cheese. Lemon curd if often prepared commercially with low FODMAP ingredients such as a mix of sugar, lemon, eggs, pectin and not much else. But, as always, read labels to ensure the lemon curd you purchase does not have hidden FODMAPs. You can alternatively make your own lemon curd, it is pretty easy to do. The cornmeal crust whips up easily too! I just added a handful of washed blueberries to the middle of the tart.
I am not a pastry chef, or any type of chef for that matter… just a dietitian that likes to cook and eat. But, given my lack of training, I think the tart shaped up pretty nicely.
Adding a sprig of fresh mint does dress it up a bit. Mint has a way of doing that to most things.
Lemon Blueberry Tart with Cornmeal Crust
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill GF 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/3 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 1/3 cup lemon curd (without FODMAP ingredients such as Stonewall Kitchen Brand)
- 8 ounces lactose free cream cheese, such as Green Valley brand, leave out a room temperature for 15 minutes prior to using
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Mint sprig for garnish, optional
- Makes 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 10-11 inch tart pan with light coating of oil.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar (with hand, beaters or stand alone mixer)
- Add both egg yolks, mix to blend.
- Slowly mix in gluten free flour blend and cornmeal, mixture will become thick.
- Press cornmeal mixture into bottom on tart pan.
- Bake tart for 15 minutes, edges should be slightly browned and the middle, cooked.
- Remove tart and allow to cool.
- In small bowl cream together cream cheese and lemon curd until evenly creamy.
- When tart is cooled, add lemon cream cheese mixture on top of tart allowing a little edge of the cornmeal crust to remain uncovered.
- Add blueberries to the middle of the tart.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Store tart in the refrigerator.
5 replies on “Lemon Blueberry Tart with Cornmeal Crust“
Love your posts and emails!! Thank you! Could you concoct some instapot recipes? That would be awesome!! Have a great summer…
Yes, I put an Instant pot on my birthday list! Finger’s crossed!
what could replace cornmeal?
You could sub in a gluten free pastry crust.
Comments are closed.