Are you ready for another low FODMAP recipe? I think you will really like this one! This recipe is easy to adapt if you are going through the challenge phase….test your tolerance to wheat and use a wheat-based crust or use a clove a garlic with olive oil vs. the garlic infused oil. Ironically, wheat and garlic are not major triggers for my belly. Remember, the goal of the low FODMAP diet is not to be overly restrictive…its to learn what bothers you and only limit those triggers.
But…on to yummy recipes…shall we…
If you have not tried shrimp on pizza…you might just be missing out on something delicious.
This shrimp scampi pizza is so easy to whip up–and with suitable low FODMAP ingredients on hand…you will have one of the best meals of your life in under 30 minutes.
Grab the garlic infused oil (I love FODY foods brand), some fresh basil and Italian parsley along with some frozen deveined and de-shelled shrimp. Frozen shrimp often have the tail on– just use a knife to remove the tail.
I slightly roast the shrimp in the oven first. I find this works best–rather than topping the crust with the uncooked shrimp which requires a longer cooking time–and the crust gets too crispy.
I am loving the Ugly’s Bakery Hand Made gluten free Sourdough Pizza Crust. So chewy and like the real deal. I find this gluten free, nut free, soy free and vegan pizza crust in the freezer section of the local grocery store (Market Basket). If you can’t find this crust–2 Udi’s gluten free pizza crusts work too.
I cook this pizza in the oven most of the time…but it is yummy cooked up on the outside grill too.
Low FODMAP Shrimp Scampi Pizza
- Serves 4
- 12 large deveined, deshelled shrimp; tail removed (defrosted, if frozen)
- 1 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons garlic infused oil (I used FODY foods brand)
- 1 gluten free pizza crust (I used Ugly's Bakery brand)
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half or 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsely
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- crushed red chili pepper flakes to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add shrimp and 2 teaspoons of garlic infused oil onto small sheet pan and roast shrimp in the oven for about 3 minutes until just about opaque.
- On another sheet pan add pizza crust and brush with 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil.
- Top crust with sliced tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add slightly cooked shrimp on top.
- Place pizza in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, until crust is lightly brown on edges, cheese is melted and shrimp fully opaque.
- Remove from oven and add chopped fresh basil and parsley.
- Sprinkle with crushed red chili pepper flakes, if desired.