I hope you have been entering all the contests with gut-friendly giveaways on my Instagram account this month of IBS awareness! There are many fantastic treats!
Today, I am sharing a recipe for a picture I posted last week on my Instagram account, Low FODMAP Beet Tzatziki.
Did you know canned and pickled beets have less FODMAPs than fresh beets? It’s true!
So, I used canned beets to make this very vibrant pink dip!
What do you do with beet tzatziki? I like to use it as a dip with fresh veggies such as carrots and bell pepper strips. It also adds a fun color and flavor to my roasted chickpea taco recipe. (Use it instead of lactose free sour cream in the taco recipe).
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup canned beets, drained
- 2/3 cup plain lactose free yogurt (or plain Greek yogurt, if tolerated)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- Garnish, fresh chopped dill or dill sprig
- In medium size food processor or blender, add 1/2 cup beets, yogurt, lemon juice, oil and dash salt and pepper.
- Pulse to blend into dip consistency--leaving a little texture to beets.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Using a box grater, grate the remaining 1/4 cup beets.
- Fold grated beets and chopped dill into dip.
- Garnish dip with chopped dill or dill sprig