Hello Friends. Today, I have a delicious vegetarian zucchini recipe to share. Jam- packed zucchini boats filled with delicious Casa de Sante low FODMAP certified salsa, fresh corn on the cob (within the FODMAP limit), brown rice, Mexican spices and topped with melted cheddar.
I served this dish with chicken that I baked with the rest of the jar of Case de Sante salsa & a side of rice. So good.
We should all be eating more plant based meals. They are better for the environment & long-term gut health…and this recipe will get you well on your way.
This recipe is pretty easy to modify–skip the corn if you are not a fan or can’t tolerate and sub in finely chopped bell pepper or roasted red peppers. Perhaps, you might use cooked quinoa instead of the brown rice? Don’t like or tolerate cheese? Just skip it.
To save time, I used the frozen & microwaveable brown rice packs from Trader Joe’s. All cooked and ready to go in just a few minutes.
Full discloser: This is a sponsored post from my friends at Case de Sante. All thoughts and opinions about Case de Sante products are my own.
Good News! Case de Sante is offering a 20% off coupon code for online purchases for a limited time. Just enter code: KATE when you’re shopping on the Case de Sante site.
- 3 small-medium size zucchinis (ends trimmed and cut in 1/2 long way)
- 1/4 cup fresh corn, sliced off one cob (or 1/4 cup canned or frozen corn), optional
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (use a low FODMAP option or sub in 1/2 teaspoon plain chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin & dash salt)
- 1/2 cup Case de Sante low FODMAP certified salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 spring onion (green part only), sliced into thin rounds
- Garnish, cilantro leaves, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place zucchini on lightly oiled baking sheet, skin side down.
- Using spoon or melon scoop, carve out seeds and some of flesh in the middle of the zucchini, it will resemble a boat. Reserve the flesh and seeds.
- In medium bowl, mix zucchini flesh/seed mixture with corn (if using), brown rice, taco seasoning, and salsa.
- Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini boats.
- Cover zucchini boats with shredded cheese and spring onion.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro, if desired.