Hello FODMAPers! Today, I have partnered with Casa de Santé to provide a sponsored post about their FODMAP friendly certified vegetable stock powder. I am always looking for more veggie rich recipe options as we could all use a bit more vegetables in our life! 🙂 This vegetarian stew was gobbled up by my boys (and me, of course!) last week.
This delicious and hearty plant-based stew is complete with just the right amount of chickpeas allowed per low FODMAP serving! Canned chickpeas are a suitable low FODMAP choice in a 1/4 cup serving size. I drained and rinsed them prior to use. Canned legumes have less GOS (FODMAPs) than dried and soaked beans, making them a better option for the FODMAPer. As you are well aware, most commercial broth products contain onion and garlic, particularly those that are vegetable based. Case de Santé created a delicious vegetable stock powder sans garlic and onion that creates a flavorful low FODMAP veggie broth in seconds: just add hot water! How easy is that?
The vegetable stock powder is made simply with carrots, salt, cucumber, parsnips, red peppers, parsley and thyme. With this flavorful broth as my base, I created a quick and easy hearty vegetarian stew with summer squash, zucchini, carrots, kale, fire-roasted tomatoes and canned chickpeas. I enjoyed a little grated parmesan and fresh basil on top of my stew but you can keep the stew vegan-friendly and opt out of adding the cheese.
The recipe below provides 8 servings of this delicious vegetarian stew!
Vegetarian Stew with Casa de Sante
- Serves 8
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Casa de Sante low FODMAP Vegetable Stock Powder
- 4 cups water
- 2, 14.5 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes; undrained (without onion and garlic)
- 1, 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 2 cups baby kale
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Fresh basil leaves, sliced for garnish, optional
- In a medium stock pot, add carrots, summer squash, zucchini, oil, Casa de Sante seasoning, water, tomatoes and chickpeas over medium heat.
- Simmer mixture on stove for about 20 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender.
- When carrots are tender, add baby kale to the pot, cooking just for 1-2 minutes or until greens are wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve about 1 cup of mixture in soup dish. Garnish with parmesan and/or basil if desired.
7 replies on “Vegetarian Stew with Casa de Santé“
That stew looks amazing and just in time for the Daniel’s Fast I’m starting tomorrow! Ordered! 🙂
This was so good! I made it without the powder by Casa de Sante and it was still wonderful! A very even balanced simply soup. And it’s a great way to get extra veggies in! I will make it again!
I HAVE MADE THIS AMAZING STEW BUT WITHOUT THE CASA DE SANTE STOCK POWDER, WHERE IS IT SOLD? LOVE THE RECEIPE-THANK YOU
Glad you liked the stew! It is quite yummy. Check out Casa de Sante’s website here: https://casadesante.com/
Do you taste the cucumber in that broth? I noticed it was in the list of ingredients.
It’s really a nice blend of veggies–there isn’t a big cucumber overtone.
Comments are closed.