Here is a quick fix meal for your favorite FODMAPer. This lemon, olive and thyme infused chicken dish requires little prep and is full of flavor!
This recipe requires simply slicing a lemon, adding pitted Kalamata and green olives, and chopping up some sprigs of fresh thyme. (well, maybe a few more minor steps…but really not much more!) I used thin boneless skinless chicken cutlets that I generously sprinkled with ground red and black peppercorns and a little sea salt.
Everything is added to one casserole dish and baked. I added a little fresh thyme after cooking as it adds a pop of color and flavor. Easy. Peasy. And really, company worthy!
I hope you are gearing up for a fun weekend. I took some time off to spend some one on one time with my daughter, Chelsea. We have been enjoying being together, walking the Maine coast and organizing our little cottage. It’s been so good to take some me time.
We love the restaurant, earth in Kennebunk. You feel transported to another space and time. So peaceful and relaxing…and the food… amazing. We shared an amazing lobster dish with sticky rice. Earth also features beautiful grounds and a fire pit. Perfection.
- Serves 4
- 8 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 lemons (one sliced and one juiced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata and green olives
- Fresh ground pepper and salt, as desired
- Fresh thyme--2-3 sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chicken to medium round casserole dish and layer with lemon slices and olives.
- Mix lemon juice with garlic infused oil and drizzle over chicken.
- Add some thyme leaves from one sprig of thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Thanks for all the wonderful BBQ menu suggestions! I will pick the winner of the spice blends next week!