Today’s post is to update you on the many places I will be speaking in the next few months! I am grateful for the many opportunities to talk about my passion: digestive health nutrition. I find working with individuals with digestive symptoms extremely rewarding work. There is more and more emerging research revealing the connection between what we eat and GI distress. What we eat alters our gut microbiome and how we feel. It is truly an exciting time in the field of GI health and nutrition!
I am speaking at numerous upcoming conferences, many of the programs are for health professionals, but some are for the patient, as noted in the description.
For dietitians: My friend and colleague, Dr. William Chey, along with dietitians, Lauren Van Dam and Emily Haller and other U. Michigan health professionals have a great program lined up this August. This program is a comprehensive GI program for dietitians covering topics from IBS, IBD, eosinophilic esophagitis, celiac disease and more. Monash University’s FODMAP researcher, Dr. Jane Muir, along with US FODMAP expert, Patsy Catsos and yours truly will also participate via video conferencing during this fantastic program. The program at U. Michigan has VERY limited space, so if you are considering attending, move on it! Click here to learn more!
Over the next fews months I will be talking up a storm. Check out the following programs of which some are geared toward the dietitian and some the patient.
- April 8, 2016 I will be speaking at the Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic Association’s spring meeting on the low FODMAP diet, SIBO and the gut microbiome. Learn more here!
- April 14, 2016 I will speaking in Indianapolis on the practical implementation of the low FODMAP Diet. Learn more here.
- May 3, 2016 I will speak with the Massachusetts Dietetics in Health Care Communities on GI symptoms and interventions, the meeting will be held in Worcester, MA.
- May 13, 2016 I will be talking about the role of nutrition for the athlete who suffers with GI distress in Kansas City, Missouri with the Collegiate & Professional Sports Dietitians Association, Learn more here.
- May 25, 2016 I will be speaking alongside Patsy Catsos at the San Diego at the SD chapter of ASPEN meeting, learn more here.
- June 25, 2016 I will be speaking at UNC Chapel Hill on Diet and GI distress, info TBA. (likely patient oriented, stay tuned for more details)
- July 13, 2016 I will be speaking in Boston at Mass. General Hospital with the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America Boston-based support group, on nutrition and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). (Patient oriented program)
- July 29, 2016 I will be speaking at the Association of Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders meeting in Bedford, MA. Learn more here. (Patient oriented program)
Looks like I am a little busy 🙂 … I hope to meet up with many of you over the next few months!