Well…hello, Mediterranean flavors….so nice to eat you.
I purchased a package of heirloom cherry tomatoes, some fresh oregano, Greek feta and kalamata olives.In a hot skillet with a little grape seed oil, I seared the tomatoes until browned on every side. Turned off the heat and tossed some feta over the tomatoes allowing the cheese to melt slightly.
Then, I removed the tomatoes and feta mixture and sprinkled a little fresh chopped oregano and olives. MMMMmmmm! I expected this dish to taste good…but it exceeded my expectations. No joke.
I was inspired by this recipe on a cooking show I was watching while working out at the gym! Nothing like working out while watching a cooking show …talk about getting hungry! Ha! 🙂 Hope you like this recipe as much as I did!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, de-pitted and sliced
- In medium skillet over medium heat, add oil and tomatoes--be careful of splattering.
- Let tomatoes brown up on all sides.
- Turn off heat and add feta until slightly melted.
- Move tomatoes into serving dish and sprinkle with oregano and olives.
Off to Japan.
Keep up with my travels by following me on Instagram @katescarlata