This month, I have been posting holiday inspired recipes. Have you noticed?
Just a few fun recipes to enjoy during the holidays including: sweet potato soufflés, flourless chocolate cookies & Sweet and Spicy Pecans! Well, today is no different! You will go ape over this Pineapple Walnut Cheese Ball. It is so simple and so ridiculously creamy. For me, this cheese ball is true comfort food. And who doesn’t need a little comfort food during the hectic holiday season when you have to deal with the relatives?! (HA!) Just kidding, of course!
A little green scallion adds a hint of onion flavor to the sweet pineapple and cream cheese mixture. Trust me….it’s all good.
OH…did you know Green Valley offers a lactose free cream cheese? I was so excited to see this product!! Seriously, I get way too happy when I find food product that my FODMAPers can eat!! Thanks Green Valley!!
And the winner of the holiday tags is Stacey!! Thanks for all your wonderful comments!
- Makes one cheese ball--serves 8 people
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple: either use canned crushed pineapple drained of all the juice or pulse fresh pineapple in the food processor and drain any fluid (consistency should be like crushed pineapple--not pureed.)
- 1, 8 ounce container Green Valley lactose free cream cheese (slightly softened at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your table.
- In medium bowl, mix together pineapple and cream cheese until blended.
- Fold in green scallions.
- Form into a ball and place on parchment paper.
- Add walnuts to parchment paper--and roll ball over walnuts evenly covering the cream cheese mixture.
- Place on plate, cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until serving.
- Serve with suitable crackers.