Well…I feel like I have been away from my blog for some time now…
We had a wonderfully blissful time in Nantucket last week on vacation. It is such a great place to visit and I am so grateful that we enjoy the island every August for a week. The landscaping and flowers on this island are simply gorgeous!
I feel blessed. We biked every day to the beach. How tough is that?
For me, vacation that involves being outside, exercising, eating delicious healthy foods and being with those I love….is pretty darn perfect.
Sadly, my brother Dave passed away last month after a long courageous fight with multiple myeloma and we grieved our loss and celebrated his life with family and friends this past Saturday in his hometown of Oak Park, Illinois. Tough disease….even tougher brother. My brother was full of life…he was a musician and had a magical way about him. Truly the life of the party. It’s so difficult to say good bye to someone you love and I know many of you completely understand the sadness of loss.
So…I have been somewhat amiss with blog updates…and really life in general. So, now you know why. Not that you need to know…but, I am pretty much an open book. 🙂
So, today, for lunch I made this pretty darn tasty mustard-y pretzel chicken dish. I absolutely love the combo of pretzels and mustard. I used some gluten free pretzel crumbs I made in my food processor….
…and mixed up a combo of grainy and smooth mustards with a touch of thyme.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to oil cookie sheet.
- 4 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard (FODMAPers check ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (FODMAPers check ingredients
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups of Snyder's gluten free pretzel sticks (NON-FODMAPers can sub in regular pretzels)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously oil cookie sheet.
- Pulse pretzel sticks in a food processor fit with steel blade for about 1 minute or place in paper bag and pound with kitchen mallet to a course crumb texture.
- Mix mustards with thyme.
- Brush thin layer of mustard on one side of chicken.
- Press in some pretzel crumbs onto chicken covering completely.
- Turn chicken and brush with remaining mustard mixture.
- Press remaining pretzel crumbs firmly into chicken.
- Place chicken on prepared cookie sheet and put into preheated oven.
- Turn chicken over after about 10 minutes of cooking to allow some browning on both sides.
- Cook chicken thoroughly, this will vary depending on thickness but approximately 20-45 minutes.