I found this quote online and it made me smile.
Mother [muhther] noun: A person that does the work of twenty. For free.
It’s true, Mom’s are very busy people. And most, wouldn’t want it any other way.
I hope all you Mom’s out there are having a happy day. What makes one Mom happy may not make another Mom happy so it is so important to find your own happiness.
I started my day with a nice warm baked croissant and some fruit salad…followed by a nice run and a Starbucks iced coffee. A perfect day.
The flowers are exquisite this time of year. The wisteria is flowering so I just had to take a few pictures. Purple flowers make me happy.
Wisteria seems like it belongs dangling off a castle, don’t you think?
Last night, I felt like creating something sweet in the kitchen. I didn’t want to create a complete mess like usual so I decided to make some little chocolate dipped bananas topped with this AMAZING almond butter I just bought at Whole Foods Market.
How good does this almond butter look?! It makes me want to dive right in!
I just put about a teaspoon or two of this luscious almond butter on a slice of banana.
I melted some dark chocolate chips with a little coconut oil. The coconut oil infused just a light coconut flavor–perfection!
I found it helpful to press the almond butter a bit firmly on the banana before dipping in the melted chocolate.
Then I froze these little banana treats and had one after my run today. Pure yumminess.
This of course, was a Pinterest inspiration. So easy, yummy and healthy. Here’s the original recipe which I of course messed around with a bit.!
Dark chocolate banana almond butter bites
- 1 large banana
- 3-4 Tablespoons almond butter (can sub in peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Peel and slice banana into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Top with 1-2 teaspoons almond butter, pressing butter firmly onto banana
- Carefully melt chocolate chips with coconut oil (I did this in microwave heating for 30 seconds, stirring and returning into microwave for about another 15 seconds.--microwaves vary so keep an eye on your chocolate being careful not to burn)
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip banana into melted chocolate and return onto plate lined with parchment paper.
- Put in freezer overnight and enjoy 1-2 bites as a snack or dessert.
- FODMAPers: limit almond butter intake to about 3/4 -1 Tablespoon per sitting
3 replies on “Happy Mom’s Day.“
Kerry @ The Adventures of Z & K
So simple, yet so delicious. I have some bananas ripening and these could be the perfect way to use them up!
Thanks for supplying my Mom’s Day plan– my younger sister just discovered FODMAP for her IBS, and my task was to bring all the baked goods for breakfast. I had a week to redo my original plans, and I used your carrot mini-muffins– yummy and easy to pull together.
Using your list of foods, I figured out a safe quiche recipe and some roast veg as well.
Thanks for the help! Peace, Mari
You are a GREAT big sister Mari! 😉
Comments are closed.