I found this quote online and it made me smile.
Mother [muhther] noun: A person that does the work of twenty. For free.
It’s true, Mom’s are very busy people. And most, wouldn’t want it any other way.
I hope all you Mom’s out there are having a happy day. What makes one Mom happy may not make another Mom happy so it is so important to find your own happiness.
I started my day with a nice warm baked croissant and some fruit salad…followed by a nice run and a Starbucks iced coffee. A perfect day.
Wisteria seems like it belongs dangling off a castle, don’t you think?
Last night, I felt like creating something sweet in the kitchen. I didn’t want to create a complete mess like usual so I decided to make some little chocolate dipped bananas topped with this AMAZING almond butter I just bought at Whole Foods Market.
I melted some dark chocolate chips with a little coconut oil. The coconut oil infused just a light coconut flavor–perfection!
I found it helpful to press the almond butter a bit firmly on the banana before dipping in the melted chocolate.
This of course, was a Pinterest inspiration. So easy, yummy and healthy. Here’s the original recipe which I of course messed around with a bit.!
- 1 large banana
- 3-4 Tablespoons almond butter (can sub in peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Peel and slice banana into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Top with 1-2 teaspoons almond butter, pressing butter firmly onto banana
- Carefully melt chocolate chips with coconut oil (I did this in microwave heating for 30 seconds, stirring and returning into microwave for about another 15 seconds.--microwaves vary so keep an eye on your chocolate being careful not to burn)
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip banana into melted chocolate and return onto plate lined with parchment paper.
- Put in freezer overnight and enjoy 1-2 bites as a snack or dessert.
- FODMAPers: limit almond butter intake to about 3/4 -1 Tablespoon per sitting