I hope everyone had a wonderful LOVE day!
Yesterday, I came home to a large box filled with Chobani yogurt treats. THANKS CHOBANI! I love that! I am a fan of Greek yogurt….I just love the creaminess and extra protein in it.
First of all, I made a very nice discovery this week in the kitchen.
Adding a Tablespoon of all natural peanut butter to vanilla Greek yogurt makes a nice dip. Serious yumminess. I discovered this on a whim on my mission to make frozen banana pops. Greek yogurt is lower in lactose than traditional yogurt and the amount in this recipe per ‘pop’ should not pose a problem for those with lactose intolerance.
This was a fun, delicious and easy project!
Mix yogurt with peanut butter and roll the banana to coat. You might need a little help with a spoon to adhere the yogurt to the banana. The lollipop stick won’t be too secure as the banana isn’t frozen yet.
Leave the banana pops on the tray or plate and pop in the freezer–until frozen. I left them in overnight.
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 4 lollipop sticks
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 1 Tablespoon all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecan, peanuts or almonds)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place lollipop sticks in banana about 2 inches in banana
- Mix yogurt with peanut butter and coat banana.
- Place nuts and chocolate chips on parchment lined tray or plate that will fit in your freezer and roll bananas in mixture.
- Freeze over night.