Love is in the air. Yup, it’s Valentine’s Day week.
I know it’s a bit commercial but I have to admit, I do love Valentine’s day. What’s not to love about chocolates and sharing your love with those that make you happy?
Yup, her famous whoopie pies. OMG. That’s all I am sayin’ Everyone needs a friend like Meg!
I also enjoy creating homemade Valentine’s cards and goodies. Crafting is my most favorite way to relax.
Are you showing the love this Valentine’s day?
Russ is downright awesome when it comes to showing the love. In fact, I remember one of our first Valentine’s Day together–I was just 17 years old–and he had balloons, chocolate, gifts…I vividly remember him coming up to my door that day…he’s just that kind of person. Generous. Generous. Generous. I definitely lucked out! 😉
Simple acts of kindness go a long way…
- Call a friend and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Bake a batch of cookies and share them with a neighbor!
- Send a card to your loved one….just because.
- Take your elderly Mom to the grocery store….(I got this one covered, Mom!)
- Bring flowers to a friend! Bring a little Spring to their home!
- Pick up the tab at your next meal out or coffee out.
- Send your college student a box of their favorite goodies.
- Cook a healthy meal for your family.
- And with the snow we just had in New England, my colleague and friend Sophie says, I should add ‘help shovel out a neighbor’….and I agree!
Any other ideas to share?
“Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing”-Mother Teresa
We have the power to make someone else’s day by simple acts of kindness. How great is that?